When we visited my sister Banu in Philadelphia over the July 4th holiday, my brother-in-law Ranjit served us grilled asparagus one evening. I’ve had grilled asparagus many times, but truth be told I’ve liked them average at best. But these grilled asparagus were outstanding. They were delicious with a buttery flavor accentuated with hints of lemon and seasoning, all nicely charred on the grill, and the asparugus was crisp too. I assumed this must be one of Ranjit’s seasoning concoctions that he likes to come up with on the fly as he is cooking. You know those cooks who add “a little of this and bit of that” and then somehow it all magically tastes wonderful. This is how Ranjit cooks and to quote him: “I cook a little chaotically.” When Ranjit told me the recipe for these grilled asparagus I couldn’t believe it. I was expecting something involved, but it was just 3 ingredients, that’s it. Here is the recipe for Ranjit’s grilled asparagus with lemon seasoning butter.
Ranjit’s Grilled Asparagus with Lemon Seasoning Butter:
- McCormick’s Lemon Seasoning Salt – 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 1 stick
- Fresh asparagus spears – 1 lb
- Wash and pat dry the asparagus and grill as is without any oil rub.
- Once the asparagus is grilled to your liking place them on a platter.
- On the stove melt 1 stick unsalted butter in a pan until lightly golden brown. Turn the stove off.
- Add to the melted butter 1 tsp lemon seasoning salt and mix in.
- Pour spoon full’s over the cooked asparagus to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately.