Carrots & Butternut Squash Soup with Rosemary:
- 1 box of cut butternut squash. About 4 cups.
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Rosemary sprigs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 carton vegetable broth or 5 cups broth
- In a pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add garlic and onions and sauté until translucent. Add carrots and butternut squash, salt and pepper and stir. Add 2 cups water and place rosemary sprigs on top of vegetable mixture and cook covered for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add 1 carton vegetable broth and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Take out the rosemary sprigs and discard. At this point the soup is ready if you want a chunky vegetable soup. Or blend soup into a creamy consistency with a hand blender.
- Serve topped with extra black pepper and drizzle of olive oil.