Looking to make some homemade energy bites that taste positively yummy with loads of all-natural ingredients such as nuts and superseeds – give these cardamom, raisin and nut superseed truffles a try. Packed with a variety of nuts, lots of superseeds such as chia seeds and flax meal, and lightly sweetened from honey and raisins, these are really really delicious energy bites and make for the perfect snack time treat.
Cardamom Raisin Nut Superseed Truffles
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a large pan roast almond meal for 5 minutes on low heat. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a mini food processor pulse raisins and walnuts until a crumbly meal is formed. Add this to the almond meal.
- Add cardamom powder, ginger powder, all the superseeds, and unsweetened coconut. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Next add honey and ghee and mix into the nut mixture to form a crumbly dough.
- Get ready to make the superseed truffles. To make the process of making truffles easier, heat the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. This will release the oils in the nuts making the dough easier to roll in the hand. Stir the nut mixture after warming it in the microwave. Roll into small bite-size truffles. This mixture will make about 30 bite-size truffles.
Cook’s Notes: Dust truffles with cardamom powder for added cardamom flavor. These nut truffles can be eaten at any time of the day for a healthy snack that is loaded with good for you nuts and superseeds. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.