Decadent, rich, and creamy, this dark chocolate cardamom ice cream will make you happy, happy, happy 😋😊. The best way to describe this ice cream is to think of a deep dark chocolate truffle infused with cardamom, but in an ice cream form. The idea for a chocolate and cardamom flavored ice cream came from a chocolate ganache that my daughter Rani was making for a chocolate cake. She started off with dark chocolate ganache and decided to jazz it up with cardamom. The cardamom ganache was so good that when the cake was ready we just ate the ganache and not the cake 😀. This got me thinking that maybe dark chocolate and cardamom would taste great together in ice cream too? No surprise here, it tastes delicious!
The ice cream is more on the thicker side making it taste like frozen chocolate truffles. In fact I think it would be pretty cool to roll the frozen ice cream into little balls and coat them in chocolate to make them into frozen ice cream truffles. Either way you have it, this chocolate ice cream is going to taste great 😋🍨.
Dark Chocolate Cardamom Truffle Ice cream
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- In a water bath melt chocolate with cream and honey. Keep whisking all the ingredients until a creamy chocolate texture is formed.
- Add cardamom powder and mix-in.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool a little before pouring into the ice cream maker.
- Once the ice cream thickens into a thick truffle-like texture transfer to a container and place ice cream in freezer.
- Dark Chocolate Cardamom Truffle Ice-cream is ready!
- Serve ice cream with mint garnish or a sprinkle of cardamom powder.