For a different type of cauliflower soup with the spicy edge of fresh ginger give this soup a try. Fresh ginger adds a nice kick of spiciness giving the soup a uniquely Asian influence of flavor. Add coconut milk to make the soup creamy and the result is a quick and easy delicious cauliflower ginger soup.
Cauliflower Ginger Soup
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 carrot finely cut
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 – 3 inch fresh ginger skin removed and cut into small pieces or grated
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 15oz can coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro finely cut as much as you want
- Chili flakes (optional)
- 1 lemon
- In a mini food processor blend the garlic and ginger into a fine crumbly paste.
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp oil. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry in oil until the garlic aroma comes through about 10 seconds.
- Next add turmeric powder, chili flakes, cauliflower and carrots. Add 5 cups water and salt. Cover and cook vegetables until tender – about 15 minutes. Turn the stove off.
- Blend the vegetables in a blender until smooth. Be careful with the hot vegetable when blending. Place the pureed cauliflower back in the pot. Add the brown sugar and coconut milk and heat through until soup is bubbly. Add fresh cilantro and juice of 1 lemon and mix-in. Soup is ready.
- Serve soup with garnish of fresh cilantro and sprinkle of paprika.