Here is a salad that doesn’t even require a dressing, that’s how delicious roasted cauliflower and peppers are in this spinach salad. I roasted an entire head of cauliflower, 2 green bell peppers and 1 small onion for the salad, that’s a lot of veggies! Then I tossed the roasted veggies with baby spinach and voila! I had the most delicious salad ever. The whole family’s reaction was “This is yummy 😋👍!” They were also surprised that all the flavor in the salad came just from the roasted veggies. I had a dressing made but ended up not needing it. On the other hand, if you do want to toss the salad with a dressing the best one that pairs perfectly with roasted cauliflower and peppers is fresh citrusy lemon vinaigrette.
Spinach Salad with Roasted Cauliflower and Peppers
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 bell peppers cut into chunks
- 1 onion cut into pieces
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely cut
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb baby spinach
- 1 small lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees,
- In a large baking sheet toss together cauliflower, peppers, onion and garlic with 2 – 3 tbsp olive oil. Place in the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, tossing at the half way mark. Remove from oven and sprinkle salt and pepper. Let the veggies cool.
- When ready to have salad, toss the roasted veggies with baby spinach. Add a squeeze of lemon and toss together. Serve right away.