The inspiration for this wonderful spring salad came to me when I made a spring veggie paella in which I had lightly stir fried sugar snap peas with shallots. These veggies looked so good with the bright green sugar snap peas and caramelized shallots that I was tempted to just serve the veggies as a side dish or even as a salad.
Crunchy bright green sugar snap peas stir fyed with shallots and then tossed with greens and a honey mustard vinaigrette – OMG it is so good!! The honey mustardy vinaigrette adds a nice tangy sweet burst of flavor that enhances the sweetness of the sugar snap peas perfectly. Add a few chunks of delicious feta and greens like peppery arugula or baby lettuce, or serve it as a side dish, either way these sugar snap peas are going to be gone before you know it.
Shallot and Sugar Snap Peas Stir Fry Salad
with Dijon Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 4 cups sugar snap peas
- 2-3 shallots cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Greens of your choice. I used arugula leaves.
- Feta cheese cut into big chunks
- honey mustard vinaigrette. Make the honey mustard vinaigrette and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan warm olive oil. Add the garlic and shallot and cook until shallot is translucent – about 2 minutes.
- Add all the sugar snap peas and stir-fry for about 3 minutes so the peas get a little tender but still remain crunchy. Turn the stove off. Add salt and pepper. If you want to serve it as a side dish, veggies are ready!
- To make the salad. In a large salad bowl place the sugar snap peas and top with greens of your choice.
- Right before serving, toss with mustard vinaigrette and feta cheese. Serve immediately.