With ingredients readily available at the grocery store this is a quick and easy noodle dish to make for a delicious week night dinner. With all things good such as ginger, garlic, cabbage, peppers and tofu, this stir fry noodle is positively delicious and healthy too. The best part of this homemade noodle stir-fry is that it’s easier to make than one might think!.
For this stir fry I like to buy fresh ramen noodles from the produce isle, these are fresh tasting, soft and just need microwaving for a minute or two before adding them to the veggies. Season with ginger, garlic, soy sauce and brown sugar and you get the most delicious stir fry noodles!
Stir Fry Noodles with Cabbage and Pepper
makes 4-6 servings
- 1 bag fresh ramen noodles, or yaki soba Japanese style noodles. This has 3 individual bags, use all of them.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- Shishito peppers about 4 cups finely cut or 1 bell pepper finely cut
- 1 box extra firm tofu drained and cut into small cubes
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Red chili flakes or whole red dried chilies
- Salt to taste
- Drain and cut tofu into cubes and sauté in 1 tsp oil for 5-10 minutes until tofu is slightly browned. Set aside.
- In a large pan heat 2 tbsp oil. Add crushed garlic, ginger and red chili and sauté until garlic is slightly browned. Next add the shredded cabbage and peppers and cook on high heat until cabbage is wilted and peppers are tender – about 5 minutes.
- Next add the cooked tofu, soy sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, pinch of salt and continue cooking everything together for about 2 minutes.
- Microwave fresh noodles for a minute or two to loosen them then add to the veggies. Warm through for 3-5 more minutes. It’s ready!
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve warm.