2015 was a great year for the leaves to change color. We had a spectacular fall show last year. I just took a ton of pictures. Here they are with some friends of mine; Rose, Shalini and Georgina. And some pics of the twins Anjali and Rani. Continue reading Fall in our Garden
The twins and I are big fans of Ina Garten and her Food Network show Barefoot Contessa. We love her program; her personality, her home and garden, her recipes, and how she is always cooking delicious meals for her family and friends. In November of 2012 Ina Garten came to town to promote her new cookbook Foolproof. I thought it would be a great idea to go to her book signing with the kids. I looked into where she was coming and the closest place was going to be 45 minutes away. I really wanted to take Anjali and Rani for this event, but it was a weekday, I wasn’t sure if I wanted them to blow off an entire day of school for this. But then as luck would have it my friend Rose called me and said there was a cancellation at one of the other book signing locations and they decided to come to Sur la Table in Santana Row instead!! This was great news because Santana Row is 15 minutes from our home! Continue reading Ina Garten’s Book Signing
2014 was a big birthday for me; you guessed it, the big 50! To celebrate this milestone my entire family came to California from all corners of America. All arrived on the day of my birthday to surprise me! Continue reading Celebrating My Birthday with My Family
Every year I host a Spring Garden Ladies Lunch for all my girlfriends. It’s usually in late April or May depending on when the flowers are blooming at their peak. Continue reading Spring Garden Ladies Lunch
It was a rainy day on Sunday when we stopped by for New Years Tea at our friends Jo and Oliver’s home. In a way it was the perfect day to spend with friends with a hot cup of tea or coffee and some hot vegetable strata. Continue reading Mushroom and Spinach Strata
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups chopped red and yellow peppers
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach chopped
- 2 readymade frozen pie crusts
- 3 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream or whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese in the frozen pie shells and bake in oven for 10 minutes until melted. This prevents the quiche mixture from seeping through the piecrust. Cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminium foil. This prevents the edges from burning while the quiche is cooking. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil.
- Add shredded carrots and sauté until tender.
- Next add pepper and sauté until tender.
- Add spinach and mix-in. Set the mixture aside.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk and sour cream. Add thyme and salt and pepper. Add cheese and mix in.
- Next add the cooked vegetable mix to the egg mixture.
- Evenly pour quiche mix into the pie crusts. Top with Rosemary sprigs.
- Bake quiche pies for 45minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving so the quiche has time to settle and is easy to cut.
- Enjoy with a tossed green salad or soup.
Cook’s Notes: The quiche tastes even better the next day!
The name says it all. Celebrating Diwali with friends and family. Here are the pics. Continue reading Celebrating Diwali 2015
Not everyone could come on the same day for our Diwali party in 2014, so we hosted two dinners over two weekends. Here are the pictures from those two parties. Here are the pictures. Continue reading Diwali Dinner, 2014
In the summer of 2008 I hosted a Summer Garden Ladies Evening. I wanted to give all my lady friends a chance to get dressed up and come hang out in the garden. But I also wanted them to just enjoy themselves and just be served. After thinking about this for a while I came up with the idea of asking the guys (mostly husbands of the ladies coming) if they would be willing to be waiters and servers and bartenders for the evening. The guys were thrilled to be surrounded by so many ladies and happily agreed!! It was a fun filled evening with drinks, food, plenty of laughter and good cheer. Continue reading Summer Garden Ladies Evening
2014 is the first year I hosted a Spring Garden Ladies Lunch in our new home in Los Gatos. We moved a year earlier but it took me a year to get the garden updated to my liking. Don’t get me wrong; the garden in this property is what sold me on the home! Continue reading Our First Spring Garden Ladies Lunch