Pan-Seared Tofu with Broccoli & Peppers
- 1 box extra firm tofu
- 2 bell peppers cut into long strips or 10 small peppers cut lengthwise
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 4 tbsp Asian inspired braising sauce or marinade sauce
- Drain and cut tofu into squares and sear in 1 tsp oil until golden in color.
- In another pot heat 1 tbsp oil and sauté garlic and ginger until lightly browned. You can add red chili if you like some heat.
- Add broccoli and pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes on high heat until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Add 2-3 tbsp braising sauce and mix-into the vegetables.
- Add seared tofu and toss together.
- Top with chopped cilantro and serve with fluffy white rice.
Cook’s Notes: I used Organicville Sesame Teriyaki braising sauce in this dish but there are many braising and marinade sauces available at the grocery store, pick any Asian braising sauce that you would like to try in this recipe.
When the kids were serving themselves they asked me: “What smells so good? Oh it’s the rice.” Want to easily transform plain white rice into an Asian inspired fragrant rice? After the rice is cooked, just mix-in 1/2 tsp coconut oil with a pinch of salt.
3 thoughts on “Pan-Seared Tofu with Broccoli & Peppers”
Very good combination. Will try it soon.
Thanks for sharing.
This looks so absolutely delicious!!!! YUM YUM YUM!!! I cannot wait to try!
Let me know how it turns out! Did you get a chance to go to Pizza Antica? How did you like it?