Cauliflower Leek Soup with Chives and Sour Cream
- 1 large cauliflower cut into medium sized florets
- 2-3 leek stalks white and light green parts finely cut
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp finely cut chives
- 5 cups broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream (soup can also be made without the sour cream)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil and cook leeks until translucent and tender.
- Add the cut cauliflower, potatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook vegetables on medium heat until vegetables become tender. About 10 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are tender add broth and bring soup to a boil.
- Turn the stove off and blend soup into a puree. Place back on the stove and add more water if the soup is too thick and warm through.
- Next add sour cream and chives and mix in. Soup is ready.
- Serve cauliflower leek soup with garnish of chopped chives.
4 thoughts on “Cauliflower Leek Soup with Chives and Sour Cream”
The soup looks really really tasty 🙂
Sounds tasty- will definitely try
Great! Let me know how you like it!