Cream of Celery Soup with Carrots and Thyme
- 4 cups celery chopped
- 2 cups carrots finely cut
- 4 cups broth or 1 carton vegetable broth
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- In a pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add chopped celery and carrots with a pinch of salt and sauté.
- Cover and cook with 1 cup water for 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add 4 cups vegetable broth, thyme and pepper and cook for additional 10 minutes. Turn the stove off.
- In a blender in batches blend the soup into a creamy texture.
- Place soup back in the pot and add 1/2 cup cream and warm soup on low-heat for 2-5 minutes. Soup is ready.
- Serve with buttered croutons and fresh thyme for garnish.
Cook’s Notes: Want to make a quick batch of croutons at home? Just cut a slice of bread into little squares. In a pan melt 1 tsp butter and sauté the bread in melted butter for a couple of minutes until the bread is lightly toasted. Turn the stove off. It’s ready to be used as garnish on soup.
One thought on “Cream of Celery Soup with Carrots & Thyme”
Looks delicious! Simple to make.Perfect for the cold weather. Will try it.