Cream of Celery Soup with Carrots and Thyme
- 4 cups celery chopped
- 2 cups carrots finely cut
- 4 cups broth or 1 carton vegetable broth
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- In a pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add chopped celery and carrots with a pinch of salt and sauté.
- Cover and cook with 1 cup water for 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add 4 cups vegetable broth, thyme and pepper and cook for additional 10 minutes. Turn the stove off.
- In a blender in batches blend the soup into a creamy texture.
- Place soup back in the pot and add 1/2 cup cream and warm soup on low-heat for 2-5 minutes. Soup is ready.
- Serve with buttered croutons and fresh thyme for garnish.
Cook’s Notes: Want to make a quick batch of croutons at home? Just cut a slice of bread into little squares. In a pan melt 1 tsp butter and sauté the bread in melted butter for a couple of minutes until the bread is lightly toasted. Turn the stove off. It’s ready to be used as garnish on soup.