This ginger honey ice cream hits all the sweet and ginger cravings in one delicious ice cream. Sweet and creamy with a spicy ginger flavor and little bits of candied ginger, this ice cream is truly ginger decadence 😋🍨🍨! Give it a try!
About the recipe
Ginger ice cream is hard to find at ice cream parlors however there was one candy shop here in called Powells that did have ginger ice cream and it was amazingly delicious 😋🍨. Sadly the parlor closed down a few years back and another candy shop opened in their place, still selling ice cream but not my favorite ginger ice cream 😞.
A craving for that ginger ice cream is what prompted me to make my own version of ginger ice cream at home. Made with all the ingredients that make ginger ice cream awesome – such as sweetened ginger candy, heavy cream, and honey. If you liked ginger you’ll love this ice cream!
Ginger Honey Ice Cream
makes 8-10 scoops
- 2 cups cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey. I started off with 1/4 cup honey in this ice cream and then increased the quantity to 1/2-cup as I like my ice cream more on the sweeter side. You can modify the amount of honey in this recipe to your sweetness level. Start off with 1/4 -cup honey, taste the cream and then adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- 3-4 tbsp soft crystalized ginger chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl whisk together cream, honey, and vanilla. Add fresh grated ginger and mix into the cream.
- Pour cream into ice cream maker and start the machine. Wait till the ice cream is starting to thicken, then add the crystalized ginger. Continue running the ice cream maker until a thick ice cream consistency is formed. Transfer ginger honey ice cream into a container and place in freezer.
- When ready to serve ginger honey ice cream garnish with mint leaves and a drizzle of honey.