What makes this soup so flavorful are leeks, sweet carrots and butternut squash all cooked into a creamy broth. These three vegetables are so good together that the soup requires not much else. Just salt and pepper. Try it!
Carrots, Leeks and Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 lb cut butternut squash cut into cubes
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 large leeks or 4 medium sized leeks – white and tender greens finely chopped
- 1 carton vegetable broth or 5 cups broth plus 3 cups water OR 8 cups water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chives if you have from the garden (optional) for garnish
- In a large pot melt 1 tbsp butter with 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté leeks until tender – about 5 minutes. Add carrots and butternut squash, salt and pepper and 5 cups water or broth. Cover and cook vegetables for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Turn the stove off. Using a hand blender lightly puree the vegetables. Add 2 cups more water to thin the soup if needed and warm through. Soup is ready.
- Serve soup garnished with finely chopped chives.
11 thoughts on “Carrots, Leeks and Butternut Squash Soup”
Made this soup last week and it tasted so good!! The leeks are really good in the soup. It’s a nice recipe. Padmini
Thanks for trying the recipe Padmini. Youre such a good cook, im so glad you liked it!
I love butternut squash. Looks delicious. Will try.
hope you like it 😊
Looks amazingly tasty!
Thank you for stopping by 😊
Yummy, love a rich vegetable soup!!
Thank you. My friend added a potato to this soup, give that a try in this.
Another refreshing soup recipe! I would definitely give it a try this week. I happen to buy the leeks, carrots and of course butternut squash at the farmer’s market today. Thanks for posting yet another fabulous recipe.
By the way, I enjoy reading all your blogs.
I am sure you will like this soup recipe Devi. Thanks for giving it a try. Thank you for your lovely complimet Devi!!😘 It makes me so happy to know you are enjoying all my posts 😊
Refreshing and hot soup..like to have it 👍😋