This vegetable soup is very easy to make and tastes delicious. It’s easy because I use all pre-packaged ingredients for this soup such as frozen mixed vegetables, canned tomato sauce, and ready to use herbs.
About the recipe
Vegetable soup is good healthy food, and this recipe makes is super easy to make a batch today. With easy to find mixed frozen veggies, can of tomato sauce, a carton of veggie broth, and you can even buy already chopped onions and fresh garlic paste. With all these already prepped ingredients making vegetable soup is the easiest to make.
- 8 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 6 -8 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp Herbs de Provence or a combination of herbs such as oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder, but not needed
- 8 cups water or ready to use vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan sauté onions and garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil until tender. About3-5 minutes.
- Now add frozen vegetables, salt and pepper and 6 cups water or broth and stir. Cover the pot and let the vegetables cook for 15 minutes until tender.
- After 15 minutes add herbs and 2 cups more water or broth and let the vegetables come to a slow boil for another 5 minutes.
- Next add tomato sauce and 1 tsp garlic powder and bring to a slow simmer. Let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Taste for salt and adjust according to your liking.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top of soup, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and serve hot with a side of buttered toast.
Cook’s notes: Want to add more veggies to this recipe? You can add chopped zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, celery and even 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas.