I know, I know, everyone has a vegetable soup recipe of their own, so what’s so special about this one. Honestly, I don’t know if this recipe is unique or unusual in any way. I only know that this vegetable soup recipe is very easy to make and tastes delicious. It’s easy because I use all pre-packaged ingredients for this soup such as frozen mixed vegetables, canned tomato sauce, and ready to use herbs. You can even buy already chopped onions and fresh garlic paste, and you don’t have to cut a thing. It doesn’t get any easier than this. So go ahead, try making this version of my vegetable soup, you may find it similar to your own recipe, or maybe a variation of what you already know. Either way, vegetable soup is good healthy food, so if this recipe encourages you to make your own version of vegetable soup tonight or tomorrow, then that’s a good thing 😊.
- 8 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 6 -8 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence or a combination of herbs such as oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder, but not needed
- 8 cups water or ready to use vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan sauté onions and garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil until tender. About 5 minutes.
- Now add frozen vegetables, salt and pepper and 6 cups water or broth and stir.
- Cover the pot and let the vegetables cook for 15 minutes until tender.
- After 15 minutes add herbs and 2 cups more water or broth and let the vegetables come to a slow boil for another 15 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and 1 tsp garlic powder and bring to a slow simmer. Let simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Taste test for salt and pepper and adjust according to your liking.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top of soup, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and serve hot with a side of buttered toast.
Cook’s notes: Want to add more veggies to this recipe? You can add chopped zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, celery and even 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas.