I had a delicious salad recently made by my friend Donna that was positively outstanding. I love all salads, but once in a while it’s nice to have just a simple salad made with crisp lettuce tossed in a light vinaigrette. This lettuce salad hit that craving for me.
Donna brought her signature tossed salad for a holiday lunch gathering of a few friends.
As I was debating on if I could have her salad, Donna informed me that she left out the bacon so I could try it – not only did I try it; I devoured it, and had seconds too! It was an awesome salad. With crisp lettuce, a few cucumbers, candied pecans, dried cranberries, avocado and feta cheese – really, it didn’t need much else except for Donna’s sweet and light vinaigrette.
Crisp Lettuce Salad with Candied Pecans and Feta Cheese
recipe courtesy of Donna
- 2-3 romaine bunches cut into big chunks or 1 large head of iceberg lettuce cut into pieces.
- 1/2 cucumber cut into wedges.
- Feta cheese as much as you want
- 2-3 tbsp candied pecans
- 2-3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- Ingredients for Sweet Sugar and Shallot vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp white balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small shallot finely chopped – about 2 tbsp
- Make dressing and set aside.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss together.
- Right before serving, toss with sugar and shallot vinaigrette.
A Holiday Gathering of Dear Friends.
Lunch with gourmet delicacies 😋.
Having a few laughs with the ladies 😀.
Time to open our pink elephant presents 🛍 !
Happy Holidays to You and Yours!