I had a delicious salad recently made by my friend Donna that was positively outstanding. I love all salads, but once in a while it’s nice to have just a simple salad made with crisp lettuce tossed in a light vinaigrette. This lettuce salad hit that craving for me.
Donna brought her signature tossed salad for a holiday lunch gathering of a few friends.
As I was debating on if I could have her salad, Donna informed me that she left out the bacon so I could try it – not only did I try it; I devoured it, and had seconds too! It was an awesome salad. With crisp lettuce, a few cucumbers, candied pecans, dried cranberries, avocado and feta cheese – really, it didn’t need much else except for Donna’s sweet and light vinaigrette.
Crisp Lettuce Salad with Candied Pecans and Feta Cheese
recipe courtesy of Donna
- 2-3 romaine bunches cut into big chunks or 1 large head of iceberg lettuce cut into pieces.
- 1/2 cucumber cut into wedges.
- Feta cheese as much as you want
- 2-3 tbsp candied pecans
- 2-3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- Ingredients for Sweet Sugar and Shallot vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp white balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small shallot finely chopped – about 2 tbsp
- Make dressing and set aside.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss together.
- Right before serving, toss with sugar and shallot vinaigrette.
A Holiday Gathering of Dear Friends.
Lunch with gourmet delicacies 😋.
Having a few laughs with the ladies 😀.
Time to open our pink elephant presents 🛍 !
Happy Holidays to You and Yours!
10 thoughts on “Crisp Lettuce Salad with Candied Pecans and Feta Cheese”
You are sooo sweet Kalpana. Had to laugh at the photo with that floppy hat😊but grateful it wasn’t one with rolls around my mid-section. Beautiful article and you made it look so lovely😘❤️.
Happy to know you approve 👌😊.
I’m so making this salad!! Thanks for posting another keeper as with your other salad recipes! ❤️
Thanks to Donna for sharing her recipe!
So much fun…looks like great party… lovely captures ✌✌
Nice salad. Beautiful pictures. Looks like a great party.
It was a fun party with good friends and delicious food – a perfect recipe for a great party!
This looks so fun. Your friends are lovely.
Thank you! Much appreciate your kind words!