With so many apples and oranges in peak season right now, making sweet sangria with these fruits and winter-inspired spices is perfect for the holidays.
Cinnamon Spice Orange Apple Sangria
for 1 large pitcher
- 1 orange cut into thin slices
- 1 apple cut into thin slices
- 1 California plum cut into thin slices (optional)
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups white wine (if making alcoholic sangria)
- 1/4 cup orange brandy such as Grand Marnier (if making alcoholic sangria)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 tbsp mulling spices wrapped in cheese cloth
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 sprig of mint (about 6 – 8 leaves)
- In a pitcher place the cut fruit.
- Add the maple syrup, orange juice and apple juice and stir.
- Add the mulling spices, cinnamon stick and mint and gently mix into the cocktail. Add wine and orange liqueur at this point if using.
- Cover the pitcher and place in refrigerator over-night.
- Serve chilled the following day with cinnamon stick and mint garnish.
- For a fizzy drink dilute the sangria with sparkling mineral water or champagne before serving.