What makes this salad pop is the honey vinaigrette dressing. Because this salad has sweet ripe mangoes the honey vinaigrette really enhances the sweetness of the fruit.
Tossed Green Salad with Mango, Peppers & Onions with Honey Vinaigrette
- 1 ripe mango cut into cubes
- 1/2 small red onion cut into thin slices
- 4 small peppers cut into little rings
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1 ripe avocado cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp Feta cheese or parmesan shavings (optional)
- Roasted pistachios or roasted cashews or any nuts of your choice or sunflower seeds
- Honey Vinaigrette. Here is the link to the recipe for Honey Vinaigrette
- In a salad bowl place the salad greens.
- Toss in the cut peppers and onions.
- Add the mangoes and avocado and sprinkle with cheese, nuts or sunflower seeds.
- Right before you serve the salad, add the dressing and toss. Serve immediately.
Cook’s notes: I like to use honey vinaigrette especially when I add sweet fruit to my salads. I like how the honey brings out the sweetness of both fresh and dried fruits. Try honey vinaigrette anytime you add strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, pears, and even dried fruits like apricots and dates.
8 thoughts on “Tossed Green Salad with Mango, Peppers & Onions with Honey Vinaigrette ”
That looks delicious!
Thanks! It’s very easy to pull together!
I have mangoes. Will try this salad. Looks delicious.
I made this salad with the mangoes you gave me, thank you!
Looks great. I love mango and hadn’t thought of adding it to a salad. Great idea! Thanks.
Rani loves mango and was so happy when she could have it in a salad as well. It adds a nice sweet flavor to salad, I hope you like it!
Sounds appetizing ! Nice to add a mango !
Thanks! Let me know how you like it.