Quick and easy to make with ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen, spinach and bell pepper quiches make for an awesome appetizer or for a light lunch served with a side salad.
These litte bites are flavor-packed egg based bites with baked cheesy goodness. Made with wilted spinach and chunks of bell peppers and lots of yummy Swiss cheese, these mini quiches are so flavorful that it’s hard to stop at just one.
About the recipe
My friend Rose made these delicious bite-size mini quiches for a Spring Tea Garden Party that a group of us friends hosted last week. Though the recipe can be made in a traditional quiche pie crust, Rose chose to make mini quiches instead, giving guests at the party a chance to try a bunch of other goodies at the table.
In a muffin pan or a tart pan, with or without the pie crust, it doesn’t’ really matter how this quiche is made, this is one easy recipe with outstanding results. Here is the recipe courtesy of Rose.
Spinach and Bell Pepper Quiche
makes 24 mini muffin quiches or
1 quiche pie or 1 crustless quiche
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese grated
- 4 cups spinach wilted
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper cubed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Butter or nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 24 miniature muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, milk, pepper and salt. Whisk well. Set aside
- In pan melt 1 tbsp butter and cook garlic and bell peppers for about 2 minutes. Next add the spinach and cook until wilted – abou 1 -2 minutes. Turn the stove off. Set aside.
- To assemble the Mini Spinach Quiche in the muffin pan. Place one tablespoon of cheese into 24 of the mini muffin cups. Evenly divide the wilted spinach and bell pepper among the 24 cups, about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Pour egg mixture into each of the 24 cups, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm.
- To make a crustless quiche: Butter a 8×8 inch baking dish. Place the spinach and pepper mix first at the bottom of the pan and then pour the egg mixture over the veggies. Next top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into pieces and serve warm.
4 thoughts on “Spinach and Bell Pepper Quiche”
Lovely in every way!
Thank you. What a beautiful comment!
These are yummy for sure and so easy to put together! Your pics are always so beautiful – thanks for sharing!🥰
thanks for sharing the recipe Rose!