Potato leek soup is my friend Rose’s signature soup. Rose makes it every time she has a gathering, and it is always a big hit. Rose usually serves her potato leek soup with a side of lavender & herb-flavored sea salt and truffle oil, which transforms an already delicious soup into something decadent.
Here is a recipe for a very yummy, creamy potato leek soup courtesy of my friend Rose.
Potato Leek Soup with Herb Flavored Sea Salt & Truffle Oil
recipe courtesy of Rose
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 3 large baking potatoes ( I use Yukon), peeled and cut into 1/4-in thick slices
- 3 (14 1/2-oz) cans vegetable broth
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- For Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled cooked bacon, chopped fresh chives, sea salt herbs de Provence, truffle oil (all optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat; stir in onion and leeks. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next add potatoes; cover and cook for 15 minutes. Add in broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Process soup in batches in a blender or with an immersion stick blender, until smooth (or to your liking). Return to saucepan and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with seasoned sea salt and truffle oil.