Arugula, roasted fennel and potatoes tossed with a simple vinaigrette make for a wonderful earthy salad. I got the idea for this salad when I was making my Roasted potato, fennel and arugula soup. This combination was so good together that I thought I’d try the same combo in a salad. I mean what’s not to like with garlicky roasted potatoes and fennel? Toss in peppery arugula and feta cheese and a simple vinaigrette, and what you have is a delicious salad perfect for lunch or dinner. Give it a try!
Roasted Fennel & Potato Salad with Arugula
- 10 small Yukon gold potatoes cut into small chunks
- 2 large fennel bulbs fronds removed and bulb cut into slices
- 4-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4-6 cups arugula leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Simple vinaigrette
- Make simple vinaigrette and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the slices of fennel, potatoes and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper and toss around. Place in oven for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are tender – tossing around at the halfway mark. Remove from oven and set aside.
- When ready to serve salad, toss the roasted vegetables with fresh arugula leaves and a simple vinaigrette. Taste for salt and adjust accordingly.
- Arugula, fennel and potato salad is ready.
Cook’s Notes: if you like the combination of arugula, roasted fennel and potatoes, give this soup a try Roasted potato, fennel and arugula soup.