Looking for an easy, delicious and healthy snack that kids and adults will devour this season? Try making these delicata squash roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper. When roasted on high temperature the delicata squash gets all soft with crispy edges, and the best part is that the skin and flesh all of it can be eaten! Sweet, soft, salty, crunchy, these squash “chips” are outstanding. My kids finished this plate out in just seconds! This recipe can easily be made sweet with a drizzle of olive oil and maple syrup, but in our family we like more savories hence this savory roasted delicata squash.
This roasted delicata squash recipe is one that my friend Iya has been making for herself as a meal-prep item in her daily lunch box this fall and has been telling me all season long how delicious they are. I finally got around to trying it myself and completely agree with her! Seriously folks, this is so good and so easy to make that it will become your family’s new go-to squash recipe this season. Give it a try!
Roasted Delicata Squash
recipe contributed by Iya
- 1 delicata squash cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the cut squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil to coat all the squash. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Toss the squash around and continue to roast for an additional 10 minutes. By now the squash should be soft with crispy edges.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.