How was your weekend? I hope you got to relax and have some fun. For us it was busy celebrating the twin’s 18th birthday. Those of you who may think that somehow twins have similar interests and the same friends, let me explain – my twins are the total opposite of that thinking! My twins are so different from each other, have their own interests and their own group of unique friends. Which means when it comes to their birthdays they want to celebrate it in different ways and had two separate b’day celebrations this past weekend. Needless to say it was a busy weekend!
Rani’s surprise birthday with friends
Anjali’s birthday celebration with dinner and a movie
The Sunshine Blogger Award
Moving on to what’s happening this week I am so thrilled to start off the week with exciting news! I have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by fellow blogger Dorothy of The New Vintage Kitchen. Thank you Dorothy, I am so honored! If you are wondering what The Sunshine Blogger Award is, it is an award given by fellow bloggers to other bloggers who they think “Inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.” The award helps bloggers receive recognition and exposure for their blogs.
How The Sunshine Blogger Award Works:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you asked you.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your blog and blog post.
- Nominate new bloggers & their blogs. Do leave a comment on their blog to let them know they received the award and ask your nominees new questions.
Here are my answers to Dorothy’s questions:
- Describe your blog and why you started it.
I started this blog to share my passion for everything beautiful. Nature, beautiful flowers, celebrating holidays, sharing healthy and delicious recipes, art, meeting with friends and family, and basically anything that brings joy and happiness to people. I have a combination of various posts ranging from vegetarian recipes, to gardening photos, to journals of places I’ve visited, and even pictures of gatherings with friends and family. I wanted it to be a place where people come to just get happy.
How I got the idea to start a blog: I got the idea to start a blog from my friend Basanthi. I was constantly giving her recipes or telling her stories about something new I learnt, passing on gardening tips, etc. Then one day she just looked at me and said, “I can’t remember every recipe and information you give me. Can you just post it somewhere, or better yet can you start a blog so I can just go there and find what I am looking for. You have so many wonderful ideas to share, I think everyone will love it!” Until Basanthi suggested this I never thought of myself as a blogger. It’s so much easier to just talk and not have to write and type everything down. But then here I was ready to share another cool story with her and I just stopped. I thought if Basanthi finds my recipes and stories interesting maybe other friends would enjoy them as well? And maybe even folks who are looking for new recipes and fun stories would enjoy them? I now have a place where I can share all the wonderful recipes, stories, photos, and gardening tips I have collected.
- Favorite time of day to write?
I like to write during the day when I see nature outside my window, be it sunny or cloudy, it always inspires me to write.
- Music while you write? If so, what?
I am a quiet person, I like peace and quiet as I tell my family often. I don’t listen to music when I am writing or reading, I find it distracts me and makes me less focused. I do love music though! I love to listen to it in the car and when I am cooking or baking, it puts me in a good mood.
- Do you carry a notebook or use notes on phone or tablet to jot things down when out of the house?
Actually I don’t carry a notebook or take notes on my phone. I thought about taking notes when I first started my blog especially when I’m out and about so I don’t forget, but I find I have good memory. As long as I write my thoughts down that same day before going to bed, I’m in good shape for later. Also, I am an avid amateur photographer, and photos bring back vivid memories for me.
- What inspires you the most in regards to your writing?
Beauty that I see all around me all the time. In my garden, in my family, friends, travels, other blogs, magazines, everywhere I see something beautiful. I just want to capture it all!
- Have you ever dreamed you could fly?
I have!!! I’ve dreamt many times of flying. Funny thing is when I was younger I dreamt of flying in the clouds and loved the feeling. Now that I am older, the thought of flying scares me a bit.
- What was the last book you read and did you like it? The last book I read was by John Grisham titled Camino Island. It was about book collectors, authors and publishers and Grisham intertwined a mystery surrounding a missing antique book from the Princeton Library Vault. Grisham painted a very fascinating picture of the world of books and authors. The story spanned across the East Coast all the way to a quaint town in Florida and it opened my eyes to a whole new world of book publishing, writing, authors, and book collectors.
- What superpower do you wish you had?
This was a tough question for me Dorothy! I had to think long and hard on this one. I think the superpower I wish I had if you would call it that is “The ability to provide others with financial security.” If I had the means I would like to help folks in the community who work hard but still struggle to make ends meet, or send their child to college, or pay their mortgage – I would like to alleviate that financial stress and worry.
- Dark or milk chocolate?
Honestly, I know dark chocolate is better for me, but if I had a choice I would opt for milk chocolate because I have a sweet tooth, and I love a good creamy sweet milk chocolate!
- Is there a question you wish you were asked?
Dorothy asked some wonderful questions! I can’t think of any other question that would have described me and my blog any better!!
Here are my nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award
The New Vintage Kitchen
The tiny potager
Eat Live Happy
My virtually free from kitchen.com
Rambling in the Garden
Ice Cream Magazine
SBA’s Kitchen at Home
And, here are my questions:
- Describe your blog and why you started it.
- What is your favorite part of having a blog?
- What do you enjoy in your free time?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
- What is your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite holiday and why?
- What brings an instant smile?
- What genre of books do you like?
- Cake or cookie?
- Any new cool TV shows that you are hooked on?
Wishing you all a fabulous week!