I had a small group of friends over for a holiday tea a few months ago. I thought a simple tea would be a great way to get all of us together and catch up. Everyone offered to bring something, and we ended up with a wide variety of snacks and treats. My friend Babita brought Black Bean Salsa and chips, and it was delicious.
This salsa and chips dish is a perfect snack for a summertime get together. Especially when we can find juicy tomatoes and fresh corn at the farmer’s markets. I asked Babita for the recipe, and she said she got it from a web site called Show Me the Curry. Here is the link to the recipe for Black Bean and Corn Salsa. I’ve also included the recipe here.
Black Bean & Corn Salsa:
From the web site Show Me the Curry
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans – drained & rinsed
- Whole Kernel Sweet Corn or 15 oz can, drained
- Onion – 1/2 medium, finely chopped
- Bell Pepper – 1/2 , finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 large, finely chopped
- Jalapenos – de-seeded and finely chopped to taste
- Cilantro – 5 sprigs, finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Lime Juice – to taste
- Taco Seasoning – 2 tbsp or to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Allow the mixture to marinate for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with Corn Chips.