Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 8 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 carton vegetable broth or 5 cups broth
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp soft goat cheese or plain cream cheese
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish but not needed
- In a pot heat Olive oil. Add crushed garlic and cook until aroma is released about 30 seconds or so. Add chopped asparagus and toss around. Add salt and pepper and 2 cups broth and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add thyme and 3 cups more broth and cook for 10 minutes. Turn stove off and blend with hand-blender until smooth.
- Stir in 1-cup milk and 2 tbsp soft goat cheese. Simmer on low heat about 5 minutes. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese for garnish and extra black pepper.