Roasted Veggies with spices and hard-boiled Eggs is a delicious and colorful dish chock full of veggies, and packed with flavor.
About the recipe
It’s the perfect dish to take to a party or to serve at home when you have a large gathering. I made a giant pot of this curry for a Father’s Day Guys Brunch which was really enjoyed by all.
When you have a lot of eggs to go through, this dish comes to the rescue. Boil as many eggs as you want and set them aside. Then made the veggie curry. Roast all then veggies first. Then fry up some onions and garlic, add in spices and then mix in all the roasted veggies and eggs. A delicious egg curry with lots of veggies. Serve it with rice or a side of tortillas.
Roasted Veggies with Hard-boiled Eggs and Spices:
- 6 cups baby squash cut into halves
- 1 large cauliflower cut into florets
- 6 bell-peppers chopped
- 8 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large onion chopped. Use half and roast with all the vegetables. Save the other half to sauté with spices.
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala if you have but not needed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Chili powder or paprika to taste
- 8-10 hard-boiled eggs or as many as you want in this dish.
- Toss cut vegetables on a baking sheet with 1 tbsp olive oil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Tossing every 15-minute mark.
- Take out of oven and set aside.
- Boil eggs and set aside.
- In a pan place 1 tsp oil and lightly toast cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp turmeric.
- Add boiled eggs and pan-fry them lightly. Take out of pan and set aside.
- In the same pan warm 2 tbsp oil. Add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and let the aroma come through (about 5 sec). Add remaining onions and crushed garlic and sauté until tender. Add 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, and chili powder and mix into onions. Add the roasted vegetables, salt to taste and toss together.
- At this point you can serve the spiced vegetables as is.
- Add hard-boiled eggs and mix into the roasted vegetables. Cook everything together for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with rice, naan or chapati.