Roasted Veggies with spices and hard-boiled Eggs is a delicious and colorful dish chock full of veggies, and packed with flavor. You can serve it with tortillas or with plain rice. It’s the perfect dish to take to a party or to serve at home when you have a large gathering. I made a giant pot of this curry for a Father’s Day Guys Brunch. which down really well with the guys.
Roasted Veggies with Hard-boiled Eggs and Spices:
- 6 cups baby squash cut into halves
- 1 large cauliflower cut into florets
- 6 bell-peppers chopped
- 8 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large onion chopped. Use half and roast with all the vegetables. Save the other half to sauté with spices.
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala if you have but not needed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Chili powder or paprika to taste
- 8-10 hard-boiled eggs or as many as you want in this dish.
- Toss cut vegetables on a baking sheet with 1 tbsp olive oil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Tossing every 15-minute mark.
- Take out of oven and set aside.
- Boil eggs and set aside.
- In a pan place 1 tsp oil and lightly toast cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp turmeric.
- Add boiled eggs and pan-fry them lightly. Take out of pan and set aside.
- In the same pan warm 2 tbsp oil. Add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and let the aroma come through (about 5 sec). Add remaining onions and crushed garlic and sauté until tender. Add 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, and chili powder and mix into onions. Add the roasted vegetables, salt to taste and toss together.
- At this point you can serve the spiced vegetables as is.
- Add hard-boiled eggs and mix into the roasted vegetables. Cook everything together for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with rice, naan or chapati.