This sweet potato soup is hearty and filling. You can blend it into a creamy texture or keep it a thick chunky consistency, either way it will taste great and fill you up. Here is the recipe.
Roasted Sweet Potato & Onion Soup
- 6 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into small chunks. About 8 cups.
- 1 large red onion cut into medium size pieces.
- 6-8 cloves garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp herbs of your choice. I like to use Herbs de Provence.
- 1 carton vegetable broth (about 5 cups) plus 2 cups water
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Pre-heat oven to 375. In a mixing bowl mix sweet potatoes and onions with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender, tossing around every 15 minutes. After 45 minutes, take out of oven and set aside.
Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a pan and saute garlic until tender. Add roasted sweet potato and onions. At this point you can seve this as a side-dish if you like.
To make the soup add 2 cups water plus 1 carton broth to the sweet potatoes, add herbs, and cook for 15 minutes.
Turn the stove off and using a hand-blender blend the soup into a creamy consistency. Soup is ready. Serve with parmesan shavings, or with a drizzle of olive oil.