I made a delicious egg sandwich for lunch the other day that looked so good that I took an impromptu photo of it, and then took a bite that was pure bliss for a super hungry gal like myself. Caramelized shallots with some green bell peppers and shishito peppers all cooked together with eggs, and then sandwiched in-between toasted and buttered German farm bread, this sandwich is the kind of sandwich one sits down to savor each bite. Just add an apple to this lunch faire, a cup of tea or coffee, and you have the makings of perfectly simple, quick and delicious homemade lunch.
Fried Green Pepper Egg Sandwich
- 2 eggs
- 2 whole grain farm bread
- 1 small shallot cut into small pieces
- Green bell pepper – 1/4 of the pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 – 2 shishito peppers cut into small pieces (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- In pan heat butter until it is melted and add shallots. Cook until they are slightly browned, about 1-2 minutes. Next add all the bell peppers and cook peppers so they get slightly charred and brown another 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook eggs like you would a regular fried egg. In the meantime, toast two slices of bread and butter them.
- When the eggs are ready, place the fried eggs inside the toasted bread slices.
- Egg Sandwich is ready to dig in!! 😋
Don’t forget to have an apple with your lunch 🍎. “An a apple a day keeps the doctor away.” English proverb
6 thoughts on “Fried Green Pepper Egg Sandwich”
Yummy! Will try it soon.
So easy to make and tastes amazing !
Thank you 😊. This egg sandwich is one of my favorite quick comfort foods.
Crispy & delicious, perfect breakfast idea!