This coconut flavored rice with crispy garlic is super easy to make and goes really well as an accompaniment to any Asian inspired main dish. The toasted garlic and coconut oil give the rice a lovely aromatic flavor without being overwhelming.
Coconut Rice with Crispy Garlic
- 1 cup Basmati rice or any white rice of your choice
- 4-6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add rice and a pinch of salt. Stir the rice and lower the heat. Cook covered for 10 minutes until rice is cooked through and tender.
- In another pot heat coconut oil and sauté garlic until slightly browned and crisp. Do this without burning the garlic. Add shredded coconut if using and cooked rice and mix into the garlic oil. Taste for salt and adjust accordingly. Rice is ready.
- Fluff rice with a fork before serving.