Light and creamy ricotta cheese infused with a hint of Vanilla and orange zest, then topped off with fresh plump figs drizzled with honey and roasted pistachios. Seductive, delicious, and satisfying this dessert is.
This dessert looks so glamorous and tastes so good that I’m excited to share how easy it is to make. An awesome dessert in just a few minutes.
About the recipe
I must confess that this fig treat made with all-natural ingredients tasted so good that I made a bowl one day for my 3pm snack binge. With a cup of coffee it was sheer snack-time heaven.
I actually find ricotta to be lighter than Greek yogurt which makes this dessert not too filling and perfect as an after-dinner dessert. Give it a try!
Fresh figs with Honey & Ricotta
makes 4 servings
- 16oz ricotta cheese – about 2 cups
- 16-20 small fresh figs or halve the amount of figs if they are larger.
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp freshly grated orange zest
- 4 tbsp sugar or powdered sugar. This lightly sweetens the ricotta so that there is a little sweetness in every bite of cheese even if the honey didn’t reach the cheese.
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp finely chopped roasted pistachios
- Make the ricotta cheese filling. In a bowl place the ricotta cheese and mix in powdered sugar, vanilla and orange zest. Cover and place the bowl in the refrigerator until ready to plate the dessert.
- When ready to serve dessert, evenly distribute ricotta cheese among 4 bowls. Cut 4 fresh figs per bowl and place them on top of ricotta cheese. I cut my figs in quarters so as to see the gorgeous colors inside.
- Next drizzle with honey, then top with chopped roasted pistachios. Garnish with mint leaves and edible flowers for added drama. Serve immediately.
- If you would rather skip the nuts because of nut allergies, leave them out. This dessert looks and tastes just as scrumptious without the pistachios.