Making donuts at home isn’t easy especially as it involves so much frying, that’s why when I came across a no-fry donut recipe it got my attention. Cinnamon baked donuts is a recipe I came across on Ina Garten’s Food Network show Barefoot Contessa. Ina describes her recipe as the easiest no-fry donuts ever. Folks, these are awesome donuts! Even better is how easy, quick and delicious these donuts are to make. Just mix dry ingredients, then mix wet ingredients, combine them together and bake! That’s it. This recipe is so easy it will become your new favorite donut recipe. Warm donuts right out of the oven and then coated with cinnamon sugar, these taste heavenly on a Sunday morning with a good cup of coffee. Give it a try!
How to make baked donuts.
- Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Then combine the two mixtures.
- Pour batter into muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the muffins come out clean. Ina used a baking pan that had donut shapes with holes in the center, but since I didn’t have that type of pan I baked my donuts in a muffin pan.
- Flavor the donuts. Melt butter in a pan. Have a plate ready with sugar and cinnamon mix. I also made a cardamom sugar mix. Mix half the sugar in the recipe with 1 tsp powdered cardamom and the other half with cinnamon.
- Dip the donut muffins in butter first, then dip in cinnamon sugar.
- Coat all the muffin donuts with cinnamon or cardamom sugar.
- Serve muffin donuts with a hot cup of coffee or with a cold glass of milk for a delicious weekend morning treat or afternoon snack!
Cinnamon and Cardamom Baked Donuts
- Non stick baking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- For the topping:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
For complete instructions on how to make these no-fry donuts take a look at this link Cinnamon baked donuts by Ina Garten