Making donuts at home isn’t easy especially as it involves so much frying, that’s why when I came across a no-fry donut recipe it got my attention.
About the recipe
Cinnamon baked donuts is a recipe I came across on Ina Garten’s Food Network show Barefoot Contessa. Ina describes her recipe as the easiest no-fry donuts ever.
Folks, these are awesome donuts!
Even better is how easy, quick and delicious these donuts are to make. Just mix dry ingredients, then mix wet ingredients, combine them together and bake! That’s it. This recipe is so easy it will become your new favorite donut recipe. Warm donuts right out of the oven and then coated with cinnamon sugar, these taste heavenly on a Sunday morning with a good cup of coffee. Give it a try!
Easy recipe with stupendous results
- Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Then combine the two mixtures.
- Pour batter into muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the muffins come out clean. Ina used a baking pan that had donut shapes with holes in the center, but since I didn’t have that type of pan I baked my donuts in a muffin pan.
- Flavor the donuts. Melt butter in a pan. Have a plate ready with sugar and cinnamon mix. I also made a cardamom sugar mix. Mix half the sugar in the recipe with 1 tsp powdered cardamom and the other half with cinnamon.
- Dip the donut muffins in butter first, then dip in cinnamon sugar.
- Coat all the muffin donuts with cinnamon or cardamom sugar.
- Serve muffin donuts with a hot cup of coffee or with a cold glass of milk for a delicious weekend morning treat or afternoon snack!
Cinnamon and Cardamom Baked Donuts
from Cinnamon baked donuts by Ina Garten
- Non stick baking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- For the topping:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 doughnut pans well.
- Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one a little more than three-quarters full. Bake for 17 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then tap the doughnuts out onto a sheet pan.
- For the topping, melt the 8 tablespoons of butter in an 8-inch saute pan. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Dip each doughnut first in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar, either on one side or both sides
4 thoughts on “Cinnamon Cardamom Baked Donuts”
The donuts look delicious!
Reblogged this on Crackling Pork Rinds.
Hmmm, I’ve come across similar recipes lately and have been thinking about making them but with the carb-averse culture these days, I’ve been putting it off!!😬
However, with this post and those tempting pics of yours, I may have to break down and try making these!😜. They look delicious…😋. Thanks for the inspo!
I hear you Rose! We are all watching our carbs and sugar 😏😒. As long as we arent indulging all the time, I think a sweet treat now and then is a good thing 😊😋🍰