Dark chocolate, cardamom, brandy, cream and honey – combine all these ingredients and what you have is a delicious ice cream spiked with a touch of brandy.
Naturally, this ice cream is not meant for kids, however of you are looking for an adult ice cream that takes care of after dinner drinks and dessert all in one – then this decadent dark chocolate and cardamom brandy ice cream is the one.
Dark Chocolate Cardamom Brandy Ice cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup (8 oz) dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-4 tbsp brandy. Hitesh liked the strong flavor of brandy in this ice cream; I found I could go a little lighter. So start with 1-2 tbsp of brandy, taste test and adjust the alcohol according to your liking.
- Over a water bath melt chocolate with cream and honey until you get a creamy and well-blended mixture.
- Next add cardamom, vanilla and brandy and stir-in.
- Let the cream mixture cool to room temperature then pour into ice cream maker.
- Once ice cream is thickened transfer to a container and freeze to serve later.
- Serve dark chocolate brandy cardamom ice cream with biscotti or a chocolate chip cookie, or for a little bit of color add a few sprinkles of edible marigold petals.