I love Cadbury’s Fruit and Nut Bar. It’s my favorite chocolate. I thought about making some at home but decided it was best to leave it to Cadbury’s to make it the way they do – just perfect. Instead I decided to make a more adult fruit and nut bar with dark chocolate and some of my favorite dried fruits and nuts like apricots, pistachios, and candied ginger. I also added saffron to give the chocolate an exotic flavor. Here is the recipe.
Dark Chocolate Fruit & Nut Bark with Apricots and Candied Ginger
- 1 lb bar dark chocolate (I buy mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 10 dried apricot pieces chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup candied ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp saffron strands
- 1 cup dry roasted salted pistachios roughly chopped
- Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces.
- Place in a glass bowl and melt in a water bath.
- Once the chocolate is melted and creamy, take it off the stove and spread the melted chocolate onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle chopped apricots evenly over the chocolate. Do the same with candied ginger and pistachio pieces.
- Spread saffron threads evenly over chocolate and gently press down so that all the fruit and nuts stick to the chocolate.
- Place in the refridgerator for 1 hour so the chocolate can harden.
- After one hour remove from the fridge and cut into rough pieces. It’s ready.
- Store in a container in the refrigerator or in a cool dry place for upto 2 weeks.
Cook’s Notes: Want to offer a healthier dessert choice for a dinner gathering? Try making this chocolate bark and serve it with some fresh fruit and coffee. You can always have vanilla ice-cream handy for those who want something a little more sweeter.