- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups chopped red and yellow peppers
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach chopped
- 2 readymade frozen pie crusts
- 3 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream or whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese in the frozen pie shells and bake in oven for 10 minutes until melted. This prevents the quiche mixture from seeping through the piecrust. Cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminium foil. This prevents the edges from burning while the quiche is cooking. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil.
- Add shredded carrots and sauté until tender.
- Next add pepper and sauté until tender.
- Add spinach and mix-in. Set the mixture aside.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk and sour cream. Add thyme and salt and pepper. Add cheese and mix in.
- Next add the cooked vegetable mix to the egg mixture.
- Evenly pour quiche mix into the pie crusts. Top with Rosemary sprigs.
- Bake quiche pies for 45minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving so the quiche has time to settle and is easy to cut.
- Enjoy with a tossed green salad or soup.
Cook’s Notes: The quiche tastes even better the next day!