There is something about a giant bowl of ramen noodle soup on a chilly evening that soothes the body and the soul. For all you folks who are still in the thick of winter, this one’s for you. This is not a quick eat and go type of meal, but then what ramen bowl really is? Ramen in broth begs to be savored and enjoyed slowly. This delicious hot soup will force you to sit together for dinner and slowly sip the broth, eat the veggies, and slurp the noodles 🍜.
This veggie ramen noodle bowl is soooo tasty folks that I am excited to share the recipe with you all! All the wonderful flavors in the delicious broth come from the perfect selection of veggies including ginger, garlic, carrots, leeks, peppers and mushrooms. Add in ramen noodles and tofu and you have a complete one-pot meal that will satisfy your hunger and keep you feeling light and healthy too.
So gather around with your family, chat, laugh and have a conversation, while enjoying a steaming bowl of veggie ramen soup 🍜!
Veggie Ramen Bowl
- 1 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 small carrot shredded
- 1 leek cut into thin slices (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 inch piece of ginger skin removed and shredded
- 4 bok choy finely diced
- 15 mushrooms cut into slices
- 4 tbsp good miso paste (optional)
- 2 tbsp Sesame seed oil
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- Salt an black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 block extra firm tofu cut into chunks and drained and pat dry
- Ramen noodles as much as you want
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
Cook’s Notes: I say optional for using miso paste because when I tasted the veggie broth it tasted so good that it really didn’t need anything else. But I had miso handy and miso never made anything taste bad so I added it and it only enhanced an already delicious ramen. So add it if you have miso, but don’t fret if you don’t. This dish will taste delicious either way.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil and brown the tofu. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add 2 tbsp more oil and heat through. Add the garlic and ginger and stir around in the oil about 5 seconds. Add all the veggies and cook on high flame for 5-10 minutes. Add 1 tbsp sesame seed oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1 tsp sugar. Next add 4 cups water and bring to a low boil.
- While the veggie broth is getting warm, get the ramen ready. Boil the dry ramen according to package directions. Add the ramen to the veggies and broth. Next add the tofu. Gently stir together and warm through. Taste and adjust for salt or more soy sauce if needed.
- Serve ramen garnished with fresh cilantro.
- Veggie Ramen is ready!
- For a kick of spicy heat drizzle some chili oil.
“One day you will be the one called Master (Naruto).
You’ll be the one to treat others to ramen.” -by Shikamaru Nara, a fictional character in the Naruto manga and anime series created by Masashi Kishimoto.
Happy Sunday Soup Day 🍜.
11 thoughts on “Veggie Ramen Bowl”
looks really good!
I’ll give this soup go, we live miso and it looks delicious 🙂 🌿
Thank you. It turned out really delicious and miso is awesome in the soup!
A tasty soup would suit me fine this gray day.
😀 We are having unusual warm temps here..
A comfort food classic!
My entire family loves ramen noodle soup. We have so many ramen noodle cafes here and we love to try them all!
I’m a fan as well! Perfect comfort food.
So crazy, but in going through the recipe, the only ingredient I’m missing is the bokchoy!! This will definitely happen this week!😁. Thank you!😘. Happy Sunday!
I would love to hear how you like it!!