I have to be honest, I’ve never had a cake that incorporated fresh orange and lemon flesh before. Have you? Folks this citrus cake takes an orange and lemon cake to the next level! There’s a reason its called Triple Citrus Bundt Cake – it uses not just orange juice, but the flesh, and zest too. Not just orange but lemon juice and lemon flesh too! And on top of that – the cake literally gets soaked in a citrus syrup and then topped with a citrus glaze! How much do you like oranges and lemons 🍊🍋? This recipe from Marthastewart.com takes the bounty of the citrus season and incorporates them into a delectable bundt cake.
It must be all the citrus, lots of butter and creme fraiche that makes this cake so delicious! You get a soft buttery cake with a lemony orange flavor in every bite. This cake tastes like you bought it at a gourmet bakery! It tastes awesome!
On a side note, this cake tastes even better the next day as the citrus glaze and syrup have a chance to soak into the cake making it positively over the top delicious. Serve it with a scoop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and you can even have this be the perfect wintery dessert for a party.
What makes this recipe easy to follow is that there is a video that shows step by step how to make the bundt cake, and to be honest that video was very helpful because the recipe was a little confusing. Having made the cake now, I can tell you that this cake is actually easy to make and I will definitely be making it again! Give it a try! Triple Citrus Bundt Cake on marthastewart.com.
Triple Citrus Bundt Cake
Triple Citrus Bundt Cake on marthastewart.com
For the Cake
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 1 large or 2 small oranges
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
For the Syrup
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
For the Glaze
- 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
For complete instructions plus an instructional video take a look at this link Triple Citrus Bundt Cake on marthastewart.com.