I was invited to a holiday tea back in December at my dear friend Radhika’s place and what a fun time we had. Radhika’s home was beautifully decked for the holidays and so warm and welcoming that I just didn’t want to leave on this cool winter afternoon.
For tea Radhika had made a delicious warm feta cheese bruschetta. Here is a look at this simple yet decadent winter-inspired tea.
A Holiday Tea at Radhika’s
Feta Cheese Bruschetta with Thyme and Red Onions
Hot Apple Cider infused with Orange Slices and Spices
Fresh Cut Persimmons
The feta cheese bruschetta was especially outstanding!! I could have had the entire platter – it was so good! The tartness of the feta cheese with sweet red onions and thyme on a crunchy warm toasted baguette was positively divine. Radhika said this is actually her Dad, Mr. Iyengar’s recipe. As she was making this appetizer she was reminiscing of fond memories of her Dad making this delectable appetizer for the family when she was growing up in Morocco.
Radhika and Mr. Iyengar’s Feta Cheese Bruschetta with Thyme & Red Onions
makes 20-25 small baguette bruschetta pieces
- 1 block feta cheese about 2 cups
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 baguette sliced. You will have enough feta cheese mixture for 25 slices. Save the remainder of baguette to use later.
- Olive oil or butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl crumble feta cheese and mix in with chopped red onions, pepper and fresh thyme leaves.
- Butter baguette slices and place unbuttered side down on a baking sheet.
- Place 1 tbsp feta cheese mix onto each slice and place in oven. Cook for 20 minutes until baguette is warm and crunchy. Take out of oven and serve warm.
Cook’s Notes: Radhika mentioned that she doesn’t add salt to the feta cheese mixture as feta can be pretty salty on its own.
5 thoughts on “Feta Cheese Bruschetta with Thyme & Red Onions”
Looks delicious. Will try it soon.
It’s super easy to make and tastes amazing! Its surprising how so few ingredients can taste so good.
Sounds delicious. Swati
A must try!😋
It is so easy to make and packs a ton of flavor – it was positively delicious!