Saffron Zucchini Soup
- 4 cups chopped zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 5 cups broth or 1 carton vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp herbs of your choice
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp cream cheese or goat cheese
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and sauté onions until tender. Add zucchini, herbs, saffron, salt and pepper. Sauté and cook covered for 5-10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add broth and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- After the vegetables are cooked, add 1-cup milk and cream cheese and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Soup is ready.