Cauliflower & Sugar Snap Peas in Curried Coconut Broth with Braised Tofu
makes 4 servings
- 1 cauliflower head cut into florets
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups roughly cut sugar snap peas or 1 8oz bag
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 6-8 mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp size grated fresh ginger
- 1 tomato cut into big pieces
- 1 green chili seeds removed for flavor but not needed. Or dried red chili.
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp curry powder. Alternatively you can use 1 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp coriander powder and 1 tsp cumin powder.
- 1 can coconut milk – about 13-15 oz
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 block Extra Firm Tofu drained and cut into cubes – 14oz
- Cilantro and mint for garnish
Drain and cut tofu into squares. Braise tofu in a saucepan with 1 tsp oil and set aside.
In a large pot heat 2 tbsp oil and sauté garlic, ginger, and chilli. Add curry powder and mix-in, about 10 seconds. Now add cauliflower, frozen peas, mint leaves, salt, and toss. Cook covered for 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. You can add 1/2-cup water to prevent the vegetables from burning.
After the vegetables are cooked add sugar snap peas, chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, braised tofu, and brown sugar. Gently stir all the ingredients together. Cook covered for 5 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Add juice of 1 lemon, garnish with chopped cilantro and extra mint and serve hot over rice.