Brussel Sprouts, Baby Spinach & Sugar Snap Peas in Herbed Coconut Broth
- 4 cups finely cut brussel sprouts
- 2 cups sugar snap peas cut in halves
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 medium onion finely cut
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger or ginger paste
- 1 red chili (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp dry garlic powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 block extra firm tofu drained and cut into cubes
- 1 can 15 oz coconut milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and saute garlic, ginger, red chili and onions until transluscent. Add brussel sprouts and sugar snap peas, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup water and cook covered for 5 -7 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add rosemary and thyme, 1 can coconut milk, baby spinach, tofu, 1 tsp garlic powder, and honey, and heat through covered for 5 more minutes.
- After 5 minuts turn the stove off. Squeeze juice of 1 small lemon, garnish with chopped cilantro and it’s ready.
Cook’s Notes: You can substitute any of these vegetables for French green beans, asparagus, chopped cabbage, bell peppers, and any other myriad of vegetables. Just adjust the cooking time according to the vegetables you use. You can also use any combination of herbs. Try it with Thai basil, chopped mint, and lemongrass.