I wasn’t sure what to expect when I made a stiry fry with broccoli, zucchini and tomatoes as I had never combined these veggies in a curry before, but what a delicious curry this trio of vegetables turned out to be! I ended up with a juicy, saucy, flavorful veggie dish that the whole family devoured 😋. Try this saucy spiced up veggie dish with naan, chapati, lemon rice, coconut rice or even ladled over grilled fish.
The curry is more on the lighter side, so if you want to make this curry more substantial add paneer, or toss in some braised tofu to turn it into a complete one pot meal. Just serve with starch of your choice and you have dinner in less than 30 minutes. Give it a try!
Broccoli Zucchini Tomato Stir Fry Curry
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 2 zucchini cut into small chunks
- 3-4 medium sized tomatoes cut into small pieces or 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 onion finely cut
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp asafetida powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp oil. Add cumin seeds and toast in oil until aroma is released about 5 seconds. Add asafetida powder and toast in oil for 2-3 seconds. Immediately add garlic and onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add all the spices and mix into the onions. Next add all the vegetables and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook vegetables on low to medium heat until the veggies become tender about 7-10 minutes. The tomatoes will release their juices and make a sauce like base. Once the veggies are tender to your liking, the curry is ready.
- Turn the stove off and add juice of 1/2 lemon and serve garnished with fresh cilantro.