With so many garden fresh cucumbers delivered by my neighbor, I had already made cucumber salad and cucumber sandwiches and still had loads of cucumbers left over. I was wondering what else I could make when this cucumber and green onion raita seemed like a perfect summer dish. Served as a side dish along with fried rice or served as a dip, this is a great way to use up cool summer cucumbers.
Cucumber and Green Onion Raita
- 1 English cucumber finely cut
- 2-3 stalks of green onion finely cut
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Mix the yogurt, cucumber, green onions, and salt together.
- Next add the cumin powder and paprika and mix-in.
- Garnish with cilantro. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.