I started roasting heirloom tomato and shallot for a salad, then when I finished roasting the veggies, they ended up looking more like a delicious dip. The tomatoes and shalltos carmelized into a creamy gooey texture making it a perfect dip consistency to have with a crusty baguette.
Roasted Heirloom Tomato & Shallot Dip
- 1 large heirloom tomato cut into large wedges
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread olive oil on a baking sheet. Next take the tomato wedges and dredge both sides of tomato slices with olive oil and spread them on the baking sheet. Evenly distribute the shallot slices all over the baking sheet. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for a total of 30 minutes tossing around at the 15 minute mark. After 30 minutes, the tomatoes and shallots will have carmelzied and become super soft.
- Place the tomato mixture in a bowl and serve as a dip with baguette.
Since my original intent for this tomato mixture was for a salad, I did make that salad. Here is the link to my Roasted Heirloom Tomato and Shallot Tossed Greens Salad.