One of my favorite fall-inspired salads to make especially when fresh figs are in season is a big spinach salad with fresh figs, Gorgonzola cheese, and walnuts; all tossed together with a sweet fig dressing. Easy to make with delicious results, this is even a popular salad at restaurants. Give it a try!
Spinach Salad with Figs, Gorgonzola and Walnuts
- 6-8 cups baby spinach
- 4 fresh figs cut in quarters
- 4 dried figs cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp chopped roasted walnuts
- 4 tbsp gorgonzola or bleu cheese
- Ingredients for Fig jam vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp fig jam
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place spinach in a serving bowl. Evenly spread fresh figs, dried figs, walnuts and Gorgonzola cheese over the baby spinach.
- Drizzle thick fig vinaigrette all over the salad and toss together. Start with 2-3 tbsp vinaigrette dressing and then increase according to you taste.
- Serve immediately.
6 thoughts on “Fresh Figs and Spinach Salad with Gorgonzola, Walnuts & Fig Jam Vinaigrette”
Kalpana, Just read the post on fresh figs and spinach salad.
Coincidentally, the same salad was made by the chef in the chef’s table episode we watched yesterday on Netflix. Vivek and I were wondering what the dressing was! Now I know the secret. Will make it soon.
You are our Michelin Star Chef!!
Oh wow I’ll have to check out this Netflix show, it sounds like a fun show.
Love figs. And the cheese. This combination is yummy.
Wow! That fig jam and Gorgonzola cheese are a match made in heaven 🙂