One of my favorite fall-inspired salads to make especially when fresh figs are in season is a big spinach salad with fresh figs, Gorgonzola cheese, and walnuts; all tossed together with a sweet fig dressing. Easy to make with delicious results, this is even a popular salad at restaurants. Give it a try!
Spinach Salad with Figs, Gorgonzola and Walnuts
- 6-8 cups baby spinach
- 4 fresh figs cut in quarters
- 4 dried figs cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp chopped roasted walnuts
- 4 tbsp gorgonzola or bleu cheese
- Ingredients for Fig jam vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp fig jam
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place spinach in a serving bowl. Evenly spread fresh figs, dried figs, walnuts and Gorgonzola cheese over the baby spinach.
- Drizzle thick fig vinaigrette all over the salad and toss together. Start with 2-3 tbsp vinaigrette dressing and then increase according to you taste.
- Serve immediately.