This apple spice cake from all recipes.com has to be the moistest cake I have ever made. I shouldn’t be surprised given that the recipe requires 4 cups of chopped apples which makes a large apple spice cake, perfect to take to a party or for a large gathering at home. Give this recipe a try if you are craving a super moist cake chock full of walnuts and fresh apples. Apple Walnut Spice Cake
If you are like me and like the flavor of ginger in sweet treats, then read on for a variation of this recipe with the added kick of fresh ginger, ginger powder, crystalized ginger, and cardamom.
Apple Walnut Spice Cake:
From all recipes.com Apple Walnut Spice Cake
with a few additions
- 4 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan. Cover bottom with parchment paper and lightly grease the paper with oil.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil.
- In a bowl keep the chopped apples and fresh grated ginger ready.
- In a seperate bowl mix flour, spices, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir dry ingredients in with wet mixture. Add nuts, crystalized ginger, cut apples, and fresh ginger and fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes-1 hour until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cool for 1 hour before serving.
Cook’s Notes: Served with a little vanilla ice cream or a spiced whipped cream this apple walnut spice cake will make a delicious dessert option at any dinner event.