With chock full of black eyed peas, crunchy vegetables and apples this salad has a good amount of substance making us feel full even before we start on our main course 👌.
This is a beautiful colorful salad that my friend Shalini made when we met for lunch. The key to making the black eyed pea salad look so pretty is the various colored bell peppers, green celery, pink radish, and red apples. Its a crunchy and filling salad that is satisfying and delicious all make with simple ingredients tossed in a simple vinaigrette. Give it a try.
Black Eyed Peas Salad
recipe contributed by Shalini
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas. You can use any type. Dry, canned, or frozen
- 2 small radish cut into small pieces
- 1 stalk celery cut into small chunks
- 1 small onion or 1/4 cup green onions finely chopped
- 3 small bell peppers in various colors (red, yellow, orange) finely chopped
- 1 apple finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- A few mint leaves finely chopped
- Yellow Mustard Vinaigrette
- In a bowl toss together all the vegetables, apples and black-eyed peas.
- Add the chopped garlic, mint, and vinaigrette, and mix into the salad. Let the salad sit for up to 30 minutes, preferably longer before serving.
Cook’s Notes: You can also add grated carrots, finely sliced fennel, and cucumbers for an even more veggie-packed salad dish.