Like noodles? Like miso soup? Then you will love this recipe that combines miso and noodles together in a delicious veggie noodle dish.
About the recipe
I took my go-to stir fry noodles with shredded cabbage and added in miso to create a miso-flavored noodle dish. With lots of cabbage, ginger garlic, green onions, tofu and miso paste, these noodles are loaded with all things good and delicious. Give it a try!
Miso Flavored Cabbage Noodles
- Noodles – any variety. As much as you want. For a family of five I used about 3-4 fresh ramen noodle packs. Thaw the noodles and set aside.
- Half of a large cabbage finely shredded. I like to put a lot of cabbage to add an extra bit of veggies to the dish
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onion stalks finely
- 1 box of extra firm tofu cut into small pieces
- 3-4 tbsp Miso paste depending on how strong the miso is. Mine was very flavorful so I used about 3 tbsp
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 red chillies (optional)
- Salt if needed
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan and brown tofu. Set aside.
- In another pot heat 2 tbsp oil. Sauté garlic and red chillies until garlic is slightly browned. Add cabbage and cook on high until cabbage is charred about 5-10 minutes. Stir constantly to keep the cabbage from sticking to the pot.
- Next add the miso paste, brown sugar and soy sauce and mix-in.
- Add tofu and gently mix into the cabbage.
- Next add noodles and green onions and toss with the cabbage. Taste and add salt if needed. Warm though for about 2 minutes. Miso noodles are ready.
- Serve with garnish of fresh cilantro and chives.