We love stir-fry noodles when we go out to Asian restaurants. But it’s nice to have a homemade version once in a while. Here is my recipe for homemade noodles stir-fry. I like to use cabbage and tofu in this noodle dish, but you can add sliced peppers, broccoli, and any other veggies of your choice.
Noodles and Cabbage Stir Fry
makes 4-6 servings
- 1 bag fresh ramen noodles, or yaki soba Japanese style noodles
- 4 – 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 bell pepper finely cut
- 1 box extra firm tofu
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Red chili flakes if you want or whole red dried chilies
- Salt to taste
- Drain and cut tofu into cubes and sauté in 1 tsp oil for 5-10 minutes until tofu is slightly browned. Set aside.
- In a large pan heat 2 tbsp oil. Add crushed garlic and ginger and sauté until slightly browned. Add shredded cabbage and peppers and mix into the garlic ginger and cook on high heat until cabbage is wilted and peppers are tender about 5 minutes.
- Next add the cooked tofu, soy sauce, brown sugar, pinch of salt and continue cooking everythign together for 2 minutes.
- Microwave fresh noodles for a minute or two to loosen them then add to the veggies. Warm through for 5 more minutes. It’s ready!
Cook’s Notes: Pop some frozen spring rolls in the oven, and all you need is a glass of wine to go with this Asian inspired noodle meal.