We love stir-fry noodles when we go out to Asian restaurants. But it’s nice to have a homemade version once in a while. Here is my recipe for homemade noodles stir-fry. I like to use cabbage and tofu in this noodle dish, but you can add sliced peppers, broccoli, and any other veggies of your choice.
Noodles and Cabbage Stir Fry
makes 4-6 servings
- 1 bag fresh ramen noodles, or yaki soba Japanese style noodles
- 4 – 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 bell pepper finely cut
- 1 box extra firm tofu
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Red chili flakes if you want
- Salt to taste
- Drain and cut tofu into cubes and sauté in 1 tsp oil for 5-10 minutes until tofu is slightly browned. Set aside.
- In a large pan heat 2 tbsp oil. Add crushed garlic and ginger and sauté until slightly browned.
- Add shredded cabbage and peppers and mix into the garlic ginger until cabbage is wilted.
- Add cooked tofu, soy sauce, brown sugar, pinch of salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Microwave fresh noodles for a minute or two to loosen them and add noodles to the veggie tofu mix. Toss and warm through for 5 minutes. It’s ready.
Cook’s Notes: Pop some frozen spring rolls in the oven, and all you need is a glass of wine to go with this Asian inspired noodle meal.