This hearty pasta has lots of lemon flavor and lots of veggies, along with goat cheese for a mild creamy texture.
Made with frozen peas, leeks and lemon, this is an easy and quick pasta perfect on a weeknight for a feel-good dinner in just 30 minutes!
Lemon Garlic Pasta with Peas and Leeks
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 2 lemons. Zest from 2 lemons and juice of 2 lemons
- 4-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 leek stalks finely chopped
- 3-4 cups frozen peas
- 6 oz creamy goat cheese
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, saving a couple cups of pasta water.
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil plus 1 tbsp butter. Add garlic and let the aroma come through – about 30 seconds. Next add leeks, peas, salt and black pepper, and chili flakes if using. Cook peas and leeks until tender.
- Once the veggies are cooked add lemon juice and goat cheese. Add pasta water to make a sauce like consistency. Melt cheese into the veggies until creamy.
- Next add cooked pasta and toss together.
- Serve pasta hot with extra black pepper and garnish of lemon zest.
Buon appetito! 🍋🍝